Posted Nov 24, 2015 10:08:22 AM
By Holly Bootier
5 Considerations when Ordering Coating Finishes for Fast Delivery
We’ve all heard the phrase, “Time is money!” Well, in our world of value-added service, more emphasis is placed on time rather than money. Working with our customers to prepare for time-sensitive PTFE, engineered, or medical coating orders can take this service option to the next level.
It’s no secret that last minute expedite requests can bring a production flow that is already set into motion to a grinding halt. The goal for a dependable medical coating supplier should be to minimize the potential for shortcomings on standard delivery orders, while executing some very challenging delivery deadlines in tandem.
Precision Coating takes pride in our ability to meet and exceed tight delivery schedules at a moment’s notice.
Here are 5 variables to consider when placing an order for expedited delivery for your PTFE, engineered, or medical coatings with Precision Coating:
- Make sure you have obtained a formal quotation for the coating process prior to placing an order.
- An expedite request for orders over 500 pieces is very challenging. Find out if your customer will accept partial shipments.
- Precision Coating will need to rearrange the current production schedule in order to meet your request; this could mean sacrificing deliveries on other jobs.
- Faster turnaround time requires additional staffing in some cases. This additional labor cost may be included in your Premium Service Charge.
- The sooner you alert us to the sensitivity of an order, the sooner we can proactively prepare to give you the service you require.
Our manual process can be negatively impacted by these sudden demands for faster turnaround times, but we will always work with you to accomplish your needs. In order to satisfy rush deliveries, a Premium Service Charge will be added to your invoice. Each job has unique details, which drive the cost and available lead times that we can offer to you.
Be sure to check with your customer service representative for availability before placing an expedited order request. It is our commitment to provide you with the best service we can offer. Let’s work together to prevent those two four-letter words: Line down!
Contact us so we can evaluate how we can provide you with the best solution for your next PTFE coating order.